1. Delta Airlines “Pink Plane”
“In 2010, we painted one of our Boeing 767-400s pink to help raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research in conjunction with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In 2012, we added Evelyn Lauder’s signature on the aircraft in memory of her dedication to help find a cure for breast cancer.”
Since the day the aircraft was first given it’s glossy coat of pink paint, Delta’s “pink plane” has carried nearly 266,753 customers on about 1,300 trips around the world, according to menafn.com. Passengers this year can expect even more ways to get “Perks for Pink” as outlined on Delta’s Facebook page which has promised that 50,000 likes for Delta means $50,000 for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
2. ESTEE LAUDER
The Estée Lauder Companies’ Breast Cancer Awareness (BCA) Campaign was founded in 1992 by the late Evelyn H. Lauder with the launch of the Pink Ribbon, the universal symbol for breast health. Devoted to the mission to defeat breast cancer through education and medical research and currently active in more than 70 countries, The BCA Campaign has raised more than $58 million to support global research, education and medical services; with nearly $46 million funding 185 Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF) research projects worldwide over the past 21 years. In addition to private donations, funds are raised through employee activities and donations, Pink Ribbon Product sales and contributions from many of The Estée Lauder Companies’ iconic brands.
Beginning in October 2015, the global BCA Campaign will:
- Bring awareness to the importance of early detection and breast health globally by distributing educational brochures and millions of Pink Ribbons at The Estée Lauder Companies’ brand counters worldwide, as well as through BCAcampaign.com and social media @BCAcampaign
- Convene The Estée Lauder Companies employees around the world to participate in walks, fundraisers, auctions, concerts and other events to benefit BCRF and local breast cancer charities
- Host a variety of workshops, seminars and trainings to raise awareness of breast cancer and early prevention
- Illuminate buildings, monuments and landmarks worldwide in glowing pink lights to raise awareness of breast health and empower people worldwide to take action to defeat breast cancer; in New York, the iconic Pink Ribbon will scroll across the mast of the Empire State Building, which will be lit in brilliant pink; additional illuminations include The Eiffel Tower in Paris, The Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw, Some Sevit in Seoul and Shanghai Symphony Hall in Shanghai, and The Bandra-Worli Sea Link in Mumbai and Las Condes City Center in Santiago, among others